Passengers and visitors travelling by car or motorcycle to Hamburg Airport can simply follow the A7, exit Schnelsen Nord, and continue onto the Airport Bypass / Zeppelinstrasse. Alternatively they can come via central Hamburg.
Official address for your navi:
Arrived relaxed — 5 tips for getting here
Coming by car doesn’t have to mean stress. With a few simple steps, you can prevent time pressure and avoid a mad rush. Most important of all, of course, is to allow enough extra time: build in a buffer.
These tips help with planning the time for your journey:
- Think about the route you want to take, and find out in advance about roadworks and other traffic obstructions along the route.
- Reserve a parking space at Hamburg Airport in advance. You can then drive straight there without having to search. Make your reservation here: Park with the original - Hamburg Airport (hamburg-airport.de)
- Read the latest traffic news in good time before you set off. Has an accident led to a road closure or detour?
- Also consult a route planner such as Google Maps to check the current travel time to Hamburg Airport well in advance, and set off earlier than planned if necessary.
- Check the departure time and terminal for your flight, and look at the waiting times for the Hamburg Airport security checkpoint.