General information on the seasonal car parks
During peak travel periods, we make special seasonal car parks available. These can only be reserved using our booking platform. These are temporary parking areas outside of the airport premises. We therefore advise you to plan more time to get to the airport so that you do not end up with time pressure.
Getting to the seasonal car park
You will find the exact address of the seasonal car park on your booking confirmation. Please find out how to get there in good time before the journey. Make sure to always allow extra time, and find out about any roadworks or traffic problems.
How entry works
The means of entry authorisation depends on the seasonal car park you have booked. All the necessary information is included with your booking confirmation. Please read it closely before setting off.
How to get to the airport/terminal (and back to the seasonal car park)
Depending on the seasonal car park you have booked, there is either a shuttle bus to and from the airport included in the booking, or you have to organise transport to the airport yourself, for example using public transport or a taxi. You are already informed about this during the booking process when choosing your parking product.
- The shuttle bus does not operate according to a timetable, but based on individual requirements and demand. Due to the distance between the seasonal car parks and the airport/terminals, the time for the journey as well as the waiting time may be significant. We therefore urgently advise you to arrive at the seasonal car park you have booked in good time.
- The shuttle bus is free of charge.
- It commutes back and forth between the car park and the airport between 3:30 a.m. and 0:30 a.m.
- Plan at least 40 minutes for the transfer from the seasonal car park to the terminal.
- The bus stop at the terminal is on the Arrivals Level. You will board the bus to return to the car park at the same bus stop where you get off on arrival.
- If you have booked a seasonal car park space without a shuttle, it is up to you to organise and pay for the journey to the airport (and back to the car park).
- We advise you to use public transport or a taxi. Information on getting from the car park to the airport, including contact details, is included with your booking confirmation.
If you enter/exit earlier/late
It is of course possible that your flight times will change. This is why we have designed our parking products to allow you to arrive and leave earlier or later.
The following options are available to you:
- Earlier arrival: You may enter the car park earlier than booked. For more information, consult your booking confirmation.
- Later arrival: Your reserved space will be kept free for you for the entire time you booked, so that arriving later is always possible. Please note that there is no partial refund for later arrival.
- Earlier departure: Leaving earlier is of course possible. Please note that there is no partial refund for earlier departure.
- Later departure: Departing up to 6 hours later than booked is not a problem. After this, Hamburg Airport reserves the right to remove the vehicle from the seasonal car park at your expense.
If you are not able to adhere to these time limits, we urgently advise you to cancel your reservation using the booking platform. Options for changing and/or cancelling reservations are addressed in the FAQs above, under "General questions on the reservation process